Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whales, by Alex Hogan age 10


February 24, 2011
By guest Alex Hogan, age 10

I always hoped to touch a whale and my hopes skyrocketed when we went to Campo Cortez to whale watch. I thought I would be petting whales like dogs on the first day, but each day I would lose more confidence because I never got my chance until today when I got to pet a mother whale and her calf. They are unbelievably soft. 


You’d usually think that they would have pretty hard skin. The baby was in a good mood because it was rolling over her mom and blasting us in the face with water. When you rub the barnacles on the mother she looks up at you with those bead-like eyes and you could tell that she felt grateful for it because  she has been so busy with her calf. That was today, and tomorrow I have to fly back to San Diego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment